Women and Pregnancy:
• Performing regular pelvic floor exercises and lower abdominal exercises can help to reduce the strain of the pregnancy on your pelvis. To perform a safe and easy lower abdominal exercise, get down onto your hands and knees, and level your back so that it is roughly flat. Breathe in, and as you breathe out, perform a pelvic floor exercise, and at the same time pull your belly button in and up. Hold this contraction for 5-10 seconds without holding your breath and without moving your back. Relax the muscles slowly at the end of the exercise.
• Use a pillow between your legs when sleeping. Body pillows are a great investment!
• Use a pillow under your ‘bump’ (pregnancy tummy) when sleeping.
• Keep your legs and hips as parallel/symmetrical as possible when moving or turning in bed.
• Some women also find it helpful to have their partners stabilize their hips and hold them ‘together’ when rolling over in bed or otherwise adjusting position.
• Some women report a waterbed mattress to be helpful.
• Silk/satin sheets and nighties may make it easier to turn over in bed.
Copyright © 2018 Physio PT & Wellness. | Team Hub Powered by Octen