Medicare Patients Update for 2013
Medicare – There are 3 VERY important pieces of news you should know about your Medicare benefits in 2013.
Therapy Caps Renew
At the beginning of the year, you can your physical or occupational therapy with NO CONCERNS of having to pay out-of-pocket*. Therapy caps reset to zero at the beginning of the year!
Wellness Exams with your Doctor & many preventive services are covered
You may not know it but if you have Original Medicare, you may qualify for FREE yearly wellness visits and many preventive services.
No more Medicare Part B deductible or copayments apply for the following screenings if certain coverage criteria apply:
– Bone mass measurement
– Cervical cancer screening, including Pap smear tests and pelvic exams
– Cholesterol and other cardiovascular screenings
– Colorectal cancer screening (except for barium enemas)
– Diabetes screening
– Flu shot, pneumonia shot, and the hepatitis B shot
– HIV screening for people at increased risk or who asks for the test
– Medical nutrition therapy to help people manage diabetes or kidney disease
– Prostate cancer screening (except digital rectal exam)
See full list of preventative services at www.Medicare.gov and get more info at www.healthcare.gov
Financial Hardship Discounts
If you are undergoing any financial difficulties, we are allowed to help. The federal government has established guidelines which enable us to discount, waive, or finance the cost of your care for NON-covered services and/or should you lack secondary or gap insurance.
Call us to find out if you are eligible! (828) 348-1780
PHYSIO Physical Therapy and Wellness in North Asheville
660 Merrimon Ave, Ste C, Asheville, NC 28804
Call your doctor for more questions about covered preventive services.